Tuesday 13 September 2011

Quick Thinking of You Card



This is one of those rare (for me) cards that comes together unexpectedly, and in very little time!

I saw the idea for colouring with markers onto an acrylic block, spritzing with water, and then stamping onto watercolour paper. I was in the mood for trying it right there and then, so grabbed a couple of colours that I thought might look nice together - Crumb Cake and Marina Mist - to try it out. Beginner's luck helped it to work first time, so I went looking for an image to stamp over the top. This one from Hopeful Thoughts seemed to fit the bill, and the combination makes for a serene feel that suits the sentiment from the set. They are both stamped in Night of Navy.

The card base is Night of Navy, and I just embossed a strip down one side with the Square Lattice embossing folder. Finally added a Crumb Cake mat behind the image before mounting on the card base. A quick bit of stamping on a square of Very Vanilla for the inside of the card, and half an hour after I started it was done! I'm usually a pretty slow card maker when I'm designing, so I was in a slight state of shock at the turn of events!


post signature

4 comments:

Claire said...

Gorgeous card Joanne, love the image and colours. Hugs, Claire x

Myrna said...

Joanne
These are absolutely gorgeous. Love what you have done wth them.
Myrna

Conniecrafter said...

Lovely results, there is another technique I still have to try :)
Love how you brought the design onto the inside of the card

Kimbo said...

Beautiful Joanne - very serene

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...