Tuesday 1 July 2008

Little Thank You Cards


Still playing with my new Stampin' Up toys . . . These little cards are just 3" square, and are quite sweet! The background is printed directly onto the card base, with the Petals Jumbo Wheel, which I just ran down the right side of the card, and the thank you disc is stamped using two stamps from the Seeing Spots set. Cut the card circle that the thank you is on with a Nestability circle die, and then cut a coloured Nestie scallop to go behind it, then popped it up on a foam pad at the bottom corner of the card. The 1/4" white grossgrain ribbon is knotted around a small strip of matching coloured card and then stuck on the hinge side of the card. Each card was made using a single colour of ink with the matching card - Garden Green, Chocolate Chip, Summer Sun and Not Quite Navy.
This was the first time I have used a stamping wheel, and before I got this one to try, wasn't really sure if I would like it or not. But it was lots of fun, and for the short runs used for cards, was easy to just use the ink pads to ink it up rather than a cartridge. Gave a really good result. The cards were very quick to make, and would have been even quicker if I had done them all in the same colour, therefore not had to clean the stamps between each one. Click for a better view.

post signature

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joanne, this is my first visit to your blog and I'm enchanted! My gosh, you do beautiful work. I love the flowers you make and your cards are wonderful. I realize now I saw your no tools flowers on Inspirational. This has been fun! Thank you!

Crea jaina said...

This is the first time I leave a comment but I am a big fan of you. I love all the things you make. Thank you very much for making me happy with your blog.

Anonymous said...

I love you blog...thanks for all you share with us. I love flowers! Would these little cards need extra postage because they are square?? Just wondering.
Jan

Anonymous said...

I love you blog...thanks for all you share with us. I love flowers! Would these little cards need extra postage because they are square?? Just wondering.
Jan

Heather "Hev" said...

These are so sweet - my fave is the yellow one - naturally :)

Anonymous said...

Love those little notes. You are so goooood!!!

Elizabeth *^..^* said...

These are so cute and fun!! Totally doable! Thanks for sharing, I just love your creative flowers and cards.
Elizabeth Bead Diva
http://animalscraps.blogspot.com

Myrt said...

....such darling little cards - you do such beautiful work.

Sue said...

Love your blog, I find it very inspirational and these little cards are fabulous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...