Saturday 17 May 2008

Lilac Flowers


I got the idea for the background on this card from Beate's Grid Technique tutorial on Splitcoaststampers. I used a linen textured cream card, and scored the grid lines with my scoreboard. Then I rubbed all over with green chalk and a ball of cotton wool. Slightly distressed the edges and added some faux stitching. Matted onto lilac paper.
The flowers are made from this same lilac paper, with black paper centres. This paper always photographs more blue than lilac no matter what I try! Coloured with green markers. The basic method for making them is the same as the No Tools Flower, but the shapes are punched out rather than hand cut. I will put up more info on this during the week. The Happy Birthday is from my Tiny Phrases Woodware set, stamped on a Nestability Oval backed with a lilac scalloped oval.

10 comments:

Michelle Tech said...

Gasp! Beautiful as usual!

Anonymous said...

One word...lovely....

I would love to learn how you have coloured your leaves. Have you used two shades of green marker? Is there a trick to getting it look so even in all the leaves?

Minerva

Jo said...

How beautiful is this!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! It's stunning! You are the master of flowers! Every card you make is gorgeous!
Have a great weekend.
Hugs and smiles

Baukje said...

I just want to repeat what Beate said.

Anonymous said...

your flowers are beautiful. I hope I shall be able to do some soon.Audrey xx

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful, stunning, amazing, fantastic.... do you get the message?!!!!

Unknown said...

Joanne this is gorgeous, I have been making some of your beautiful flowers out of the handmade paper and embossing tool, I love them, thanks so much for fantastic inspiration xx

LeAnne said...

Oh, I am consistently amazed by your creations! How you can make a beautiful flower with some scraps of paper is a miracle! TFS!
LeAnne

Stampin_Melissa said...

Wow, your flowers are truly incredible!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...