Sunday 13 April 2008

A Card of Firsts

Well, here I am, finally stopped thinking about creating a blog and just did it. So now all I have to worry about is finding something interesting enough to put on it! Anyone who can face coming back a few times will see the reason for my blog title - my card making tends towards flowers!

Maybe the best first card to put on my blog is a 'card of firsts' - so here it is.














First time (for me) of -
  • making my own stamped and embossed background
  • using my new Swiss Dots embossing folder
  • using my flower brads that I have had for months
  • attaching a tag by threading it onto a ribbon
  • doing distressed edges and faux stitching
  • handwriting the greeting on the front of a card
The medallion on the card is made with a tea bag fold called Stars and Stars by Loobyloo of Circle of Crafters It uses a tea bag tile that I made in Photoshop. The inspiration for my card came from a sketch challenge on Beate's Blog where she had an example of a card with a dahlia fold on it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Joanne, I just love this card, that's a lot of 'firsts'! Good luck with this blog and congratulations on a lovely page :)
Loobyloo

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...